The racers choice for generations, the original SPD pedal design has been highly evolved into its lightest and most efficient form. PD-M980 reduces pedal height while increasing pedal to shoe contact.
- 4x more pedal-to-shoe contact vs M970.
- Wider bearing placement for increased rigidity.
- Slimmer, lighter axle.
- 2mm lower platform height than PD-M970 for pedaling stability and ground clearance.
- Lightweight: 310g a pair.
- Oval shape axle body housing for smooother mud & debris flow.
- Slimmer axle unit increases open space between bindings.
- Robust, dependable retention claws provide smooth engagement/release.
- Adjustable entry and release tension settings.
- Strong, durable chrome-moly spindle with 8mm hex wrench mount.
- Compatible with SM-SH51 and SM-SH56 cleats.
|SPD Cleat Surfaces||both surfaces|
|Pop-up Floating Cage|
|Spindle Thread||BC 9/16" x 20 T.P.I.|
|Cleat Retention Indicator||Yes|
|Cleat Retention Adjuster||Yes|
|Mud Shedding Design||Yes|
|Pedal Body Material|